Thursday, April 30, 2015

Guillermo del Toro Feted at San Francisco Film Fest: "I saw my first corpse at age 4"

One of the pleasures of daily immersion in a film festival is appreciating the wildly different audiences you can be part of during a day. A couple of hours after watching "Wanda," made by Barbara Loden in 1970, introduced by local novelist Rachel Kushner, as one of a serious group of cinephiles that didn't exactly fill the 1,400-seat Castro Theatre, I returned that evening to be part of a capacity crowd of fun-loving fanboys and fangirls of Guillermo del Toro whose excitement and enthusiasm was so palpable as to be contagious. That's when a festival is festive indeed. The witty and fast-moving clip reel reminded me that I haven't seen everything. And, of course, the way I'd...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]] Sponcer page Sponcer page

No comments:

Post a Comment