Sunday, May 24, 2015

Arthouse Audit: Ghibli's 'When Marnie Was There' Best Opener, 'I'll See You in My Dreams' Expands Well

On most years, Memorial Day weekend launches the first or second weekends of several major specialized successes, such as "Before Midnight," "Moonrise Kingdom," "The Tree of Life," and "Midnight in Paris." Even last year saw the modest debut of "Words and Music" ($88,000 in 10 theaters). This year? The best of the openers was mid-level Studio Ghibli animated release "When Marnie Was There" (GKids). Second weekend "I'll See You in My Dreams" (Bleecker Street) expanded impressively, showing once again that older audiences will respond to a star-driven story. Other news this week was the confirmation that the New York...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]] Sponcer page Sponcer page

No comments:

Post a Comment