Thursday, April 7, 2016

Chilean Gay Film ‘You’ll Never Be Alone’ Wins Multiple Awards

“About three years ago, a 20-year-old boy was murdered in Santiago because he was gay. He was tortured for hours: his legs broken, a swastika carved on his stomach using shattered bottles, a piece of his ear torn out. By coincidence, that young boy was a fan of my work as a musician and I knew who he was because we’d spoken a couple of times. I met his family and they urged me to continue “speaking on behalf of boys like him”, not usually represented in the media or even art: in short, a gay and poor kid.” This is what motivated Alex Anwandter, a widely acclaimed Chilean musician to make “You’ll Never Be Alone”/ “Nunca vas a estar solo”.  However, he adds,  “This ...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]] Sponcer page Sponcer page

No comments:

Post a Comment