Thursday, October 8, 2015

The Future of Virtual Reality is Amazing (and Nauseating)

I recently attended the first-ever Kaleidoscope Virtual Reality Film Festival, and something happened to me that I have previously relegated to the world of William Gibson novels. I was in line for short films of the "Experimental" category – as opposed to Documentary, Animation, Live Action and, most mysterious of all, "Experience" – when a man with whom I had struck up a waiting-in-line conversation asked me if I wanted to see something cool. Of course, I said "yes," and the stranger unzipped his backpack and pulled out a virtual reality headset not unlike the many being used about 10 feet in front of me. Instead of fancy noise-cancelling...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]] Sponcer page Sponcer page

No comments:

Post a Comment